On this page, you'll find tools to help you grow deeper in your faith, including our daily reading plan. The list of resources will continue to grow, so keep checking back!
On March 1, Christians around the world celebrate something called Ash Wednesday, a special holy day that begins the 40-day season called Lent, where followers of Jesus around the world pause to pray and think about our own brokenness and sinfulness, and our own human mortality.
As we journey through this season together, we've developed some tools and resources to help us form new habits or routines in order to grow in our relationship with God. Use the form below to sign up to receive the daily reading and reflection in your inbox.
Know that your friends at The Village are walking with you and praying for you during this important season.
Click on the scriptures for the day to read the full passage.
To download the prayer card with daily readings, click here.
Holy Week: Jesus died so you can live.
Monday - Matthew 21:12-22, Psalm 36
Tuesday - Matthew 21:23-46, Psalm 71
Wednesday - Matthew 26:1-36, Psalm 70
Thursday - Matthew 26:36-75, Psalm 116
Friday - Matthew 27:1-56, Psalm 22
Saturday - Matthew 27:57-66, Psalm 31
Prayer of Examen for Kids + Families
The Prayer of Examen (pronounced like the word "examine") is an ancient prayer that helps us think about our day and find God. Use your prayer beads to pray this prayer every day before bedtime. Download a PDF of this prayer by clicking on either image above.
1. Give Thanks. Hold the orange bead that means "thank you." List the things you want to say “thank you” for today. Thank God for those things.
2. Pray for Light. Hold the yellow bead that means "light." Pray this prayer. "God, thank you for light. Help me see all the ways you were at work in my life today."
3. Find God. Hold the pink bead that stands for God's love. Think about all the parts of your day. When were you least like Christ in your heart, words or actions today? When were you most like Christ today?
4. What now? Hold the green bead that stands for growing. What are ways you can be less _________________ tomorrow? What are ways that you can be more like Jesus tomorrow?
5. Pray. Hold the cross that stands for Jesus. While holding the cross, pray these words together: "God, I give you my today and I give you my tomorrow. Help me to live the life that you want me to live and be the kind of person you want me to be. Amen."
*Insert this week’s theme into the blank above. Week 1 (Mar. 5-11) - Selfish; Week 2 (Mar. 12-18) - Afraid; Week 3 (Mar. 19-25) - Unforgiving; Week 4 (Mar. 26-Apr 1) -Greedy; Week 5 (Apr. 2-8) - Comparing.